- Cup of dates (de-seeded)
- 1/3 cup almonds or any mixture of nuts (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- To garnish, shredded coconut or cocoa powder
- Add the dates, nuts, chia seeds, coconut oil, cinnamon and cocoa powder into a food processor.
- Process until it becomes a sticky consistency.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and then roll the balls through coconut shredding.
- - For an alternative covering, melt dark chocolate with a table spoon of coconut oil, dip the balls in and let them cool. Then sprinkle with cocoa powder.
A guilt free treat!
For those who want a sweet treat without feeling that they have let themselves down, here is a great healthy alternative.
Very easy to make and only needs the following 7 ingredients:
As I stated in my post before about my diversity week, I had gone on a sugar fast to cut down my cravings (which I now think were more psychological than physiological) for sugar. Even though I have cut down a lot on my intake in sugar I would be lying if I said that I didn’t want something sweet now and then.
One of the things I have been eating as replacement is dates and there is a recipe that I use them to make myself some guilt free sweet munchies or something which can be used as a dessert.
Introducing Forge Round Brownies…..
In all honesty they are just satisfying as a chocolate bar, but without all the harmful ingredients. Also because they are homemade you have more of a say of how much of each ingredient you want to put in. However lets be clear about something….just because it’s homemade and contains natural ingredients, Dates and honey are still sugar and you can get tooooo much of a good thing. Moderation should still be employed.
For this recipe any nuts can be used I have used normal monkey and almonds, both taste good the only difference would be nutritional. So what nuts you use doesn’t matter too much, if you have a favorite trail mix, this is a good way to transform it into something new and special.
So add the items above to your shopping list and get ready to prepare yourself a guilt free treat!
And as always,